You are here

Obtaining Copies of Documents

Online payment through is now available for copies requested from the Court. How quickly a request for copies is processed by the Court may depend on the case status (open/closed), whether payment is provided in person, submitted electronically or, if mailed, how soon a return envelope with appropriate postage is provided.

Please call the Clerk’s Office at (855) 460-9641 to verify the fee amount for your copy request.

View the current fees for copies and certified copies on the Filing Fees page. The Court does not accept personal checks or credit cards from debtors to pay fees. The Court will accept payment by U.S. Postal Service money orders and cashier’s checks issued by an acceptable financial institution, or by electronic payment through (for select services only). Please do not send cash through the mail.

For current and recent cases

There are several ways to obtain copies of documents:

  1. Visit PACER to access court documents;
  2. Visit the Clerk’s Office in person (View Court Locator for office locations);
  3. To electronically submit the copy request form, you must complete, save, and email the form to;
  4. Mail (unless submitted by email) this form to the Clerk’s Office (View Court Locator for office locations) and provide a self-addressed stamped envelope with proper size and postage to match the size of the requested copies to be returned to you;
  5. Mail or submit payment online.

For past cases

Closed cases may be archived depending on the date closed. See FAQ for further details.

FAQ: Bankruptcy Case, What If The One I Am Interested In Has Been Archived?

Copies and certified copies

Copy requests may be submitted for copies or for certified copies. See FAQs for more information.

FAQ: Copies, How Do I Get Non-Certified Copies Of Documents?

FAQ: Document, How Do I Get a Certified Copy?

FAQ: Discharge, How Do I Get A Copy?