You are here

Document, How Do I Get a Certified Copy?

  1. ECF account holders click here.
  2. All others including self-represented individuals:

A) Via Mail to Division of Bankruptcy Case – Identify the address of the court division where the bankruptcy case is or was administered. Then, comply with all of the following steps:

  1. Mail a request that clearly identifies the document(s) desired, bankruptcy case name, bankruptcy case number (and adversary proceeding number, if applicable), and daytime telephone number;
  2. Include a self-addressed, stamped return envelope of proper size and postage for the documents requested; 
  3. Wait for a phone call from the clerk's office to identify the total fee required; and
  4. After receiving a call from the clerk's office stating the total fee, send payment electronically using or by mail in the form of either a bank cashier's check or U.S. Postal Service money order made payable to: United States Bankruptcy Court. DO NOT SEND CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS.

B) Request in Person at Clerk's Office - If you visit the Clerk's Office to obtain the certified copies, charges and the processing time needed to complete your order will be explained in person.


FAQ Type: 
General Info