The Electronic Drop Box is a tool available to self-represented litigants to enable them to upload court documents for filing that do not require a filing fee. Once you are determined to be eligible to use the Electronic Drop Box, the court will provide you with a link to upload your documents. After the court reviews the uploaded document it will be deemed filed with the court.
Are you eligible for Electronic Drop Box access?
- Are you self-represented (you don’t have an attorney)?
- Are you filing a document that does NOT require a filing fee? [check the Filing Fee Schedule if you’re not sure].
- Do you have an internet enabled computer AND a cell phone?
- Can you save your document in .pdf format?
If you answered yes to all questions, you are eligible to use the Electronic Drop Box.
- Complete the application for the bankruptcy case or the application for the adversary proceeding.
- Attach a digital photograph of your signature (you may take the photograph with a smartphone).
- Attach a photo or scanned copy of your government-issued photo identification, such as your driver’s license or passport.
- Email your application to ECF_Support@cacb.uscourts.gov.