The Electronic Drop Box (EDB) is a tool available to self-represented litigants that enables them to upload court documents for filing electronically in bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings pending in this District. Once you are determined to be eligible to use the Electronic Drop Box, the court will provide you with a link to upload your documents. After the court reviews the uploaded document it will be filed with the court.
Are you eligible for Electronic Drop Box access?
- Are you self-represented (you don’t have an attorney)?
- Are you filing a document that does NOT require a filing fee? [check the Filing Fee Schedule if you’re not sure].
- Do you have an internet enabled computer AND a cell phone?
- Can you save your document in .pdf format?
If you answered yes to all questions, you are eligible to use the Electronic Drop Box.
- Complete the application.
- Attach a digital photograph of your signature (you may take the photograph with a smartphone).
- Attach a photo or scanned copy of your government-issued photo identification, such as your driver’s license or passport.
- Email your application to ECF_Support@cacb.uscourts.gov.