IMPORTANT! The CM/ECF User maintains the same level of responsibility as with their login in ensuring that a Filing Agent's login is kept current at all times. The CM/ECF User must deactivate a Filing Agent's account that leaves the firm or is no longer authorized to file on their behalf.
Processing Instructions (rev 10/28/2014):
- Select Utilities menu.
- Select Maintain Your ECF Account.
- Select More User Information button.
- Enter the last name of your Filing Agent.
- Click the search icon to search name, the Add a Filing Agent screen displays message "Could not find Filing Agent".
- Select "Create a new Filing Agent" from the filing agent screen.
- Create Login for Filing Agent.
- A password will automatically display or you can create your own password.
- Follow the minimum requirements stated for creating a password.
- Please annotate the login/password information for future reference.
- Enter the Filing Agents's information, first name, business address, phone number, etc.
- Select Submit. A confirmation message will be displayed, Click Ok.
- Select Return to Account Screen.
- Select Submit. A message regarding specific fields were not altered will display.
- Select Submit to effect the change.
- To give the new agent rights to pay filing fee's, please see Permission rights - Granting or Removing Filing Agent's ability to pay filing fee's.