Processing Instructions (rev 10/28/2014):Create the document in MS-WORD.
- Create the document in MS-WORD.
Ensure the document does not contain the following:
Ensure the document is not:
- Read only
- Locked in any way
Format the document:
- Title page pursuant to Local Rule 1002-1(d)(8).
- Spacing pursuant to Local Rule 1002-1(d)(7).
- Do not include a date or signature line for the judge.
- Leave the last three inches of the last page of the body of the order blank. This is where the judge's signature will be automatically inserted.
- If the body of the order ends on the first few lines of a new page, indicate the end of the order by typing, "# # #."
- Include a Proof of Service (Form 9013-3.1).
Include a Notice of Entered Order and Service List (Form 9021-1.1).
Determine who will be served electronically.
- In CM/ECF, under the Utilities menu, query the mailing information for the Case/Adversary proceeding.
- Select Mailing Info for a Case
- Insert applicable Case/Adversary number.
- The mailing information for the case will appear on the screen.
- Insert the parties in the appropriate section of the Notice of Entered Order and Service List form.
- Determine who will be served electronically.
- Refer to the Local Bankruptcy Rules and the Court Manual for inclusion of exhibits.
- Document delivery: Pursuant to Local Rule 9021-1(g), within 48 hours of a proposed order being lodged via LOU, a judge's copy must be served. (Submit a face page copy of the submitted order, a copy of the confirmation receipt, and any applicable envelopes to the box outside chambers).