The Party Pick List displays all parties in the case. If a Party is not listed, they must be added to the pick list. Since the party database is populated by all users there is a good chance that the Party being searched for will already be in the system.
When docketing an event, at the Select the Party screen the parties already associated with the case will appear in the box. If the party filing the document is listed, highlight the filer’s name and click next. If the party filing the document is not listed in the Select the Party box:
∙ Click Add/Create New Party.
∙ Conduct a Search by entering the Party’s Last/Business Name.
∙ Click Search.
∙ The party search results box will display.
If party IS located in database:
- Highlight the Party name and a box will appear listing the party’s name and address. Note: verify the name and address are an exact match or determine if you need to modify the address. Close the box.
- Click Select name from list. Note: Modify the address to match the address in your document if applicable.
- Select Role. Select Submit.
- Party pick list will display again. Click next to continue docketing.
If Party IS NOT located in database:
The party search results box will display with possible name matches or a message will appear stating No person found.
- Click create new party >Complete name & address fields.
- Select Role. Click Submit.
- Party Pick List will display again. Click next to continue docketing.