The United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California has revised its Local Bankruptcy Rules (LBRs). The revised LBRs become effective on January 2, 2014.
The revised LBRs:
- Eliminate the Notice of Entered Order and Service List requirement (all LBR form orders will be revised to remove the Notice of Entered Order and Services List and will be posted in advance on the Court’s website);
- Clarify responses to motions and dismissal of motions;
- Add a procedure for creditor or debtor to follow when a filed document mistakenly contains a personal identifier;
- Clarify practice for motions and contested matters, and motions and matters determined without additional notice and without a hearing; and
- Clarify standard for hearings on less than 48 hours notice
You may access the revised LBRs from the Court’s website at www.cacb.uscourts.gov, under the Rules and Procedures tab, or by clicking here. The webpage also includes a summary and redline of the revised LBRs.
KATHLEEN J. CAMPBELL
CLERK OF COURT