Processing Instructions (rev 10/28/2014):
IMPORTANT: A filing fee will be assessed for each Transfer of Claim. A credit card is required to pay filing fees online. Refer to the court's Abbreviated Fee Schedule for current fees and On-Line Credit Card Payments Attorney Guide.
NOTE: Use Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser for all Pay.gov transactions in CM/ECF. In addition, your browser must support 128-bit Encryption. This is a requirement of the U.S. Treasury.
- Select Bankruptcy menu.
- Select Claim Actions.
- Enter case number using correct format and ensure case name and number match the document you are filing.
- Select Document Event: Transfer of claim.
- Select the party filer. If not listed Add/Create New Party.
Browse, verify and attach the document (PDF file).
- Attach additional supportive documents, if applicable.
- Select the Transfer Type based on the applicable FRBP i.e., 3001(e)(2).
- Search for transferee’s name (the party the claim will be transferred to) by entering the creditor’s name and selecting Search Creditors. Highlight the creditor’s name and Select from the list.
Creditor is not listed: Close the window and Select Add New Creditor. Click here for procedures Add a Creditor.
- Search for transferor’s name (the party the claim will be transferred from) by entering the creditor’s name and selecting Search Creditors.
- Select the creditor with the associated claim number. If there are other claims within the same case that are being transferred to the same creditor, continue adding transferor’s by selecting Transfer More Claims. When finished, select Next.
- Enter the claim numbers, separated by a comma, of all claims being transferred.
- Select Transferred from the drop down menu.
NOTE: If the claim is for a scheduled debt (no claim was previously filed), do not enter a claim number.
- Verify the final docket text before submitting onto the case docket.
- Print the Notice of Electronic Filing. This is the verification that the document has been electronically filed.
- Pay the applicable filing fee ($25.00 per transfer of claims).