Processing Instructions (rev 10/28/2014):
IMPORTANT NOTE: 28 U.S.C. Section 1930 requires that fees be paid at the time of filing. If you choose to accumulate filing fees throughout the day, all fees must be paid by the end of the day in which the filings occurred. A registered ECF User will be locked out of the CM/ECF system and prevented from filing additional documents if the filing fees are not paid by the end of the day. The registered ECF User will receive a daily email reminder until all outstanding filing fees are paid in full.
Once locked out of the CM/ECF system, there will be limited access to run the Payment History and Internet Payments Due reports in order to make payments. The registered ECF User must log into PACER to run standard reports and queries. Full access rights will be restored in the CM/ECF system after all outstanding fees have been paid in full. For assistance with unlocking your account and to pay outstanding fees contact the ECF Help Desk at (213) 894-2365.
- Login into CM/ECF.
- Click Utilities.
- Click Internet Payments Due.
- A Payment Summary screen will display.
- Select Items to be paid from the Payment Selection screen.
- Select Card Type.
- Enter Credit Card Number.
- Select Expiration Date.
- Check "I authorize charge" box to authorize the payment.
- Enter an email address to have the receipt of the transaction emailed to you. Setting up an email address will allow you to print the receipt at anytime.
- Click Select Payment. This will unlock the CM/ECF system automatically.
- You can begin to file.