Occasionally an attorney who represents a creditor or other party may wish to stop receiving electronic notice on a particular case. If an attorney represents a creditor/client (other than the debtor) and no longer wants to receive the NEF on a particular case, the attorney must create a document in standard pleading format and caption it "Request to Be Removed From Notice of Electronic Filing". The attorney must then file the document on the specified case. Once the written authorization has been reviewed, we will "terminate" the attorney as requested and the attorney will no longer receive NEFs related to that particular case.
Processing Instructions (10/28/2014):
- Create in standard pleading format a document captioned Request to Be Removed From Notice of Electronic Filing.
- Select Bankruptcy menu.
- Select BK - Notice
- Enter the case number using correct format and ensure case name and number match the document you are filing.
- Select Document event: Notice
- Select the party filer. If not listed, Add/Create New Party.
Browse, verify and attach the document (PDF file).
- Attach additional supportive documents, if applicable.
- Modify text to add: Request to Be Removed From Notice of Electronic Filing.
- Verify final docket text before submitting onto the case docket.
- Print the Notice of Electronic filing. This is the verification that the document has been electronically filed.
NOTE: Should you continue to receive the NEF after you have followed the above procedure, please contact the ECF Help Desk at 213-894-2365 or email@example.com for assistance.