The creditors must be added to the case before the judge, trustee and 341 meeting are assigned to the case. The creditor matrix must be in text format, usually a .txt file, before it can be successfully uploaded. Refer to the procedure “How to Convert a Creditor Matrix to a .txt File.” All other file types within CM/ECF will be portable format (PDF) files.
NOTE: A copy of the Matrix (Mailing List) must also be included with the petition PDF.
IMPORTANT! If you have a creditor matrix with over 10,000 creditors, please split the file into separate files of no more than 10,000 until all creditors are uploaded.
Processing Instructions (rev 10/28/2014):
- Select Bankruptcy menu.
- Select Creditor Maintenance.
- Select Upload a Creditor Matrix file.
- Enter the case number using correct format and ensure case name and number match the case you want to upload creditors to.
- Browse, verify and select creditor mailing list (.txt file). If you are presented with an error message verify that your file is saved as a text file (.txt) and not a PDF (.pdf).
- Total Creditors Entered screen appears.
- If the total number of creditors entered is not the same as the total number of creditors on the submitted matrix, click the browser's Back button and research the error.
- Creditor Receipt screen displays.
- The information displayed confirms the number of creditors added to the case.
- Click on the Return to Creditor Maintenance Menu Hyperlink to continue and repeat steps 4-6 for each creditor matrix. If there are not other matrices to add, select Logout or select another option of the Main Menu Bar.