Processing Instructions (rev 10/28/2014):
Most bankruptcy software programs allow for the upload of cases into the CM/ECF system. Using the Case Upload option allows the user to upload case data using TXT and PDF files created through a Bankruptcy Petition Software. The upload extracts the debtor information, attaches the PDF petition and schedules to the docket, uploads the creditor matrix, and dockets the Chapter 13 plan.
IMPORTANT! Case Upload should only be used for COMPLETE filings of Chapter 7 and 13 cases. All required petition documents must be available. Use Open BK Case if any items are missing or BK - Other to file the balance of schedules and statements.
The Open New Bankruptcy Case screen displays. Follow the instructions below to attach the TXT and PDF files.
- Select Bankruptcy.
- Select Case Upload.
- Browse, verify and attach the Debtor Information (TXT file).
- Browse, verify and attach the Petition (PDF file).
- Browse, verify and attach the Creditor Matrix (TXT file).
- Browse, verify and attach the Chapter 13 Plan (PDF file).
- Print the Notice of Electronic filing. This is the verification that the document has been electronically filed.
- Make a note of the case number issued.
IMPORTANT! You must upload all the cases in a batch filing before running the Judge/Trustee Assignment.
- Continue the filing process by running the Judge/Trustee Assignment.