The Board of Judges for the United States Bankruptcy Court, Central District of California, approved the following amendments to the Court’s Local Bankruptcy Rules (LBR) that become effective December 1, 2017:
- LBR 1002-1(f)): deleted and superseded by new LBR 9011-1.
- LBR 1017-2(f): amended to specify that the Court retains jurisdiction in dismissed cases to enforce issues listed in LBR 1017-2(f).
- LBR 3015-1: the national rules addressing chapter 13 were updated, effective 12/1/17, which necessitated a comprehensive update to this LBR. Amendments also encourage uniformity and clarity in chapter 13 practice.
- LBR 3020-1: amended to clarify the requirement for certain language to be included in a Chapter 11 plan confirmation order and specify the effect of conversion from Chapter 11 to Chapter 7.
- LBR 7055-1(b): amended to reflect a change in the renumbering of 50 U.S.C. Chapter 50.
- LBR 7064-1: amended to specify that bankruptcy evictions are handled by the U.S. Marshals Service and the exact language to be included in an eviction order.
- LBR 7067-1: amended to reflect changes in the national registry fund fee structure and add a requirement to use a local form order.
- LBR 9011-1: new LBR specifies signature requirements for electronically filed documents.
The amended LBRs, and a summary and redline of the LBR amendments, are available on the Local Bankruptcy Rules web page of the Court’s website www.cacb.uscourts.gov.
KATHLEEN J. CAMPBELL
CLERK OF COURT
November 30, 2017