NOTE: This function will allow all ECF Users (except Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Trustees) to update your own ECF account information (Name, Address, Phone / Fax and E-mail Address as well as maintain and make changes to Notice of Electronic Filing (NEF) delivery options) directly in CM/ECF.
WARNING: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Trustees may not use this function to change their information. Changes required by trustees must always be mailed to the Clerk of the Court and submitted to the ECF support desk by email to ECF_Support@cacb.uscourts.gov (link sends e-mail) .
Processing Instructions (Rev 10/28/2014):
- Select Utilities menu.
- Select Maintain Your ECF Account.
- Update Appropriate fields for Registered User (name, firm name, address, phone, fax)
- Click Submit.
- Update "All" to update all cases (open or closed)
- Update "Open"
- Update "Closed"
- Update "None"
- To update specific cases, highlight cases to be updated and
- Click Next.
IMPORTANT: Pursuant to LBR 2091-1(f), to update a CM/ECF user's mailing address for previously filed cases, you must file a Notice of Attorney Change of Address or Law Firm in each case. The CM/ECF user can use the multiple case filing feature in CM/ECF to file the Change of Address and include a list of the affected cases as a PDF attachment. The Change of Address form is available on the Court's website at <http://www.cacb.uscourts.gov Forms>.
NOTE: You may now select "Return to Account Screen" and click "Submit" if you have completed your changes. If you wish to continue and make changes to your E-mail information: Select Email Information to add, delete or modify email addresses and/or case numbers as applicable.
- Select Email Information to add, delete or modify email addresses and/or case numbers as applicable.
- When adding an email address, it must be re-entered for validation purposes.
- If entering multiple email addresses in the same box, separate them with commas.
- If entering secondary E-mail address(es) be sure to check the box appropriately if you wish notices to be sent to the secondary E-mail address(es).
- Specify how you wish to receive NEF notices by selecting:
- Send notices for both the Adversary case and related Bankruptcy case, or
- Send notices for only the Adversary case or the Bankruptcy case
- Specify how often you wish to receive NEF notices by selecting
- Send a notice for each filing or
- Send a daily summary report
- Select Return to Account Screen.
- Select Update All.
- Select Submit. If requested, select submit again to effect the change.
NOTE: If you need to change your password follow the instructions under Change Your Password or click on the link.
NOTE: If you need to change only your E-mail and or NEF Notifications click Maintain Your ECF E-mail (NEF Notifications and E-mail Changes.